Learn about the pharma industry quickly – current trends, medicines, healthcare, pharmacy markets & major developments. This course will be your Guide to the Pharmaceutical Industry.
The pharmaceutical industry is one of the most dynamic and exciting professions in the world. It can be hugely rewarding professionally, personally and financially! There are tremendous opportunities for those that are able to develop their expertise and work closely with the pharma industry.
By the end of this course, you will be able to talk confidently about the pharmaceutical industry during a presentation, in an interview, with co-workers, with customers or in general conversation with friends.
Phil Yates has been working with the global pharmaceutical industry for over 30 years. He is an Associate Member of the Healthcare Communications Association, an Advisory Board Member of AllaboutMedicalSales and an author on training matters for Pharmafocus and Pf magazines and a judge for the Pf Awards.
After taking this course you will:
- Be able to explain the structure and function of the global pharmaceutical industry
- Be aware of the key players within the industry
- Know which disease areas are of greatest interest to the industry
- Know which medicines have been the most successful of all time
- Appreciate how the industry has evolved and how it is adapting to the many issues it faces
What you’ll learn?
- Learn essential facts about medicines and the structure of the pharmaceutical industry around the world
- Explain where are the major markets and who are the major players
- Explain which disease areas are of greatest interest
- Answer questions about the industry today and the major developments
- Explain which drugs are the most successful
- Discover how the industry has evolved and how the industry is adapting
- An interest and a willingness to start building your knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- No prior pharmaceutical knowledge is required